Wednesday 8 April 2009

Further Alpha course discussions were -How does God guide us and How can I resist evil-

God guides us through prayer,and I found personally that God guides visually, I saw good in the people that go to my Church and it made me want to discover how they can be that way, its not always an easy task and I also resist evil through prayer and through the church - the people of the church community act in such a way and speak in such a way that it makes you stop and think before any kind of action is taken. They tell me they always speak to God, they ask for his advice and he will give them the answer .............it works for me.

THE ALPHA AWAY DAY

Was a biggy, the discussion was about the Holy Spirit and it was most enlightening...but at the risk of repeating myself I will keep it short...

I've said before that we liken the Holy Spirit if you like, to water, we can have free flowing water, but it can be frozen and it can become steam. Now that picture is in your head imagine The Holy Trinity - The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit. The Father is God and The Son is Jesus the Holy Spirit is a presence of the three combined, infact all three are one, the Holy Spirit is a feeling within, a feeling that we know God is with us. I know that a long day should promote more discussion but I feel that I get so over excited about these things that I have already touched on them more than once in other Alpha meetings.

Following on from that- this weeks discussion is titled -DOES GOD HEAL TODAY?

Finally on Easter Sunday I am due to be Baptised, how cool is that? being baptised on Easter Sunday?! Especially as I have a chest infection at the moment and I am feeling very unwell...I am praying that I will make a good recovery.

I am going away now to think about my testimony....

1 comment:

suzie said...

I'm so excited for you Gilly, Sunday will be an amazing day so enjoy every single moment of it. I'll be thinking about you and I'll probably have a cry because it makes me all emotional (in a joyful way).

Much love my friend. God Bless. x